Thursday, October 28, 2010

Almost time to relax

We went bowling and someone's fingers got stuck :-X
So, sorry I have been unreliable. Story of my life. I have been surprisingly busy and according to some this is incredible because it means I am not sitting at home in the cold and dark staring at the light of my computer. But for some this means disappointment since I still haven't mastered the ability to exist in two places at once.

School is great. Kids are great. Running is fine. Doing 30K this coming Wednesday. the half marathon is in two weeks as of Sunday and I am so happy to know I will be able to do it. Been having shoe trouble - namely that mine tore sole to sole during my 28K run last weekend leaving me with 5K remaining, swollen feet and no shoes.

We went on an adventure to learn how soba is made.
Otherwise, life is going alright. There was drama but I guess I deserved it since I haven't had a fair share of drama in about a month. I did the whole poor planning/double booking thing I was often guilty of in the States and managed to step on the wrong person's shoes.

Oh, it's cold here. I woke up this morning to the thermostat by my bed reading 6 degrees Celcius. My apartment is colder inside than it is outside. I have been using my down comforter they recommended they buy when I got here and it has helped some but there isn't much more I can do. I have a heated carpet but I can't use it with  my bed. Someone mentioned heated mattress pads? Guess while I'm shopping for long underwear and snow tires I can look into that?

I have been doing various activities with my kids - playing Taiko, teaching them about Halloween and being harassed. Well I guess since it's by a group of elementary school students I can't really file harassment. It is kind of flattering really until they start pulling so hard on my arms in multiple directions I feel muscles stretching. They are surprisingly strong...
My kids colored their own Jack-o-lanterns!
I film more of the English show next week and am planning on going out on Saturday for a Halloween party. For being the most rural prefecture in Japan, I feel like there are a surprising number of foreigners here. Should be fun if nothing else. I am working on the sports day entry still... of course by the time I get it done at this rate it will be time for culture festival. Well, at least this is something. :-)

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment