Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life choices

Another Japan-iversary just passed me by. It has been 9 months since I moved to Japan. But, as soon as I got used to living alone, a friend came to visit. He stayed for 3 months and turned my world into a hectic, but very comforting, mess. He left in early April and now I am back to my solitary and slightly less carefree life.

Many events took place in the time he was here. I finished up the last trimester of the year with my students, a giant earthquake and tsunami hit Japan, and my whole work environment rotated with the coming of Spring. I saw snow and cherry blossoms for the first time and even ice-skated outdoors. I have been trying to update the blog along the way but have been much less successful than I planned.

I began this blog before I even touched ground in Japan hoping to document my experiences here and while a lot of things have happened that I haven`t talked about, I think it has been keeping up relatively well (besides the sumo entry which I still have not finished…) Regardless, I made a few major decisions in my life over the past two months and a few major events have happened that have further delayed my posting here. I have decided for sure to apply for entrance into an MD/PhD program come the end of my time in Japan and have begun preparations for taking my MCAT come August. I have also decided to renew for a year in Japan which of course will make interviews (should I be lucky enough to get one) a little more difficult, though not impossible. 

The studying and application process is very time consuming so devoting a few hours a day to them is necessary and thus I am afraid my entries will become fewer still. To combat this, I opened up an account with google for sharing pictures over the web. It is located at https://picasaweb.google.com/greenlikemyparty

I am backing up all my photos from Japan now and will be adding new photos as soon as I take them. It is a much more user-friendly atmosphere than facebook or this blog account so expect to see me there a lot. 

I will be adding entries as fast as I can because although I have been neglecting the blog, my experiences have not gotten any fewer (thankfully!). 

Since A has left I have been making a lot of changes to my life and a lot of changes have been made that I wasn`t prepared for. Hopefully I can share them with you! Love!!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job. Have faith in your own decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing well out there :)
    Good luck going forward

    ReplyDelete