Friday, September 17, 2010

Food?

So it has been nearly a week again. After a really relatively uneventful week I find I am really really tired. My kids are great, I like my job and I live in one of the most gorgeous places I could have imagined - yet I feel sleepy all the time. Hm. Maybe I am just a bad grown-up.

Sports day is next Thursday and so my schools and students alike have all been focused solely on the upcoming event. They even cut classes every day (including some days where they have no class at all) in exchange for extra practice. Thus the students and teachers alike are completely distracted and I feel like I am not really serving much of a purpose. Once the event is over, however, I will hopefully get completely into the swing of things - finally! I have been trying to keep busy in the evenings and avoiding the computer because I find when I just sit down in front of this thing I start feeling sad. This is not to mention the noise complaint I found in my door today because I have been talking to people late at night on skype and it has been disturbing my neighbors. :-X

Spent an entire evening cleaning the apartment which I feel good about now since everything is super clean! I guess really I don't have much to update on - just wanted to post so you know I'm alive. Costco provided me with lots of completely unnecessary things which make my evening just a little bit happier. I also have been trying to put more focus into my running and everything. I haven't been paying enough attention to my health so it will be good for me to focus less on loneliness and more on improving myself.

I have an enkai tonight with some of my coworkers from my middle school so I should get going. I'm off to Nagasaki this weekend to visit J (a friend from back home) and so I will update when I get back with hopefully lots of pictures. Love!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I got a noise complaint too in the first few months of being here. It was also from skyping at 11 pm >_>;;;

    Enjoy sports day! They are a ton of fun, but be sure to keep on top of sun protection and hydration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 you! I am also sleepy all of the time.. soo... yeah. you're normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nichole,
    I am Megan's sister, and I just discovered your blog. It sounds like you are being introduced to all the wonders of Japan school sports days... at least they will all be over soon!
    I'm sure you will have great weeks and bad weeks, but if things ever get really bad please contact me and I'll make a good home-cooked meal for you! Of course it doesn't have to be a bad day for that to happen...
    I really hope you enjoy your time here in Kitsuki. My children Emily and Masaki are looking forward to you being their new teacher!
    I hope we can meet soon.

    ReplyDelete