Friday, July 2, 2010

The Joys of a New Apartment

The Kitsuki BOE found me an apartment yesterday. M sent me a really excited email describing the place and in it was the best news I have heard in a long time - it's furnished! Now I don't need to worry about them finding me a place and I also don't have to worry about buying M's furniture or anything! YAY!!! I will wait until she goes to see it for herself before I post information about what's included but I know the rent is 43,000 yen a month (about $410) and it is in Kitsuki proper which means quite the commute to school in the morning :-(. Oh well, good news is I don't have to shell out a bunch of money as soon as I get to Japan. I will post more information as I know it and promise pictures as soon as M sends them to me. Love!

3 comments:

  1. Watch out about your claim to not have to shell out a whole bunch of money. ^_^

    Make sure you dont have to pay key money for your place. Usually Oita JETs have to... It will usually cost you about $2,000. For my apartment it was almost $3,000.

    Ask your BOE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well M is the only person I am currently communicating with as the BOE still hasn't contacted me directly (is this normal?) and she said I shouldn't have to worry about any of that because the apartment is going under the BOE's name? Does this sound right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am prefectural so all of my stuff was done thru the school. I never talked to the BOE. But you are Kitsuki city so it could be different. I am not sure.

    My apartment is in my name so I did pay key money. City JETs in Oita City have also payed key money.

    If possible ask M to super check with the BOE and have them contact you.

    I promise that the BOE wont let you be homeless. When I came I had travelers checks that could not be cashed at the moment that I needed to pay for my apartment so the school payed and I payed them back.

    ReplyDelete