Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OMG Japan!

Wow, it's been almost 2 weeks! Life as I know it has changed completely this past couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay in posting but here's what I know. Since all of my neighbors are single men and I am in direct line of sight of the landlords back door and all the above mentioned men have been known to verbaly accost women while drunk the BoE (not to mention myself) has found it unfit for women to reside in the aforementioned apartment. So yeah. Drama ensued and now I am waiting for the final verdict on where I will definitively be living while in Japan. I suggested switching my apartment for that of S (the other new ALT) since he is male and would be fine living in that place... sigh, I can only wait and see. They mentioned they would know for sure by the 30th (only a few days before I arrive in the city myself!) so all I can do is wait and see. :-(

Besides the stress of that I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get everything done. Making lots of lists like the consulate suggested and vacuum sealing the clothes I am keeping at my Mom's place has occupied a surprisingly large amount of time. I have one suitcase almost packed and am working on deciding exactly how much can fit into my carry-on and how to make it work around my ps3 (which is also going into my carry-on).Now to borrow a scale so I can weigh this massive load of bull I shoved into a suitcase. Oh well.

On top of all this there's family drama - but when isn't there. One of the guys going out of Miami just dropped himself from the program because of family stuff so hopefully mine clears up before I leave O_o. I also gave my Mom power of attorney, got a living will, am seeing a CPA and bought indoor schools for school. I am really almost done... and almost in Japan. ZOMG.

I'll post random pictures on my next update of all my drama and packing progress. Probably tomorrow. Maybe I will know something more about my apartment? I did get my schedule for my first month though!

4th - Arrive in Kitsuki. R and my supervisor will come pick me and S up and then it's off to meet the head of the BoE and then the Mayor. wee!
5th - I'm with M, and she'll show me around to my schools.
6th - I'll be with Mr. Oku from the BoE. He's gonna come and get me and S and show us around Kitsuki city itself.
9th - I will be going to the BoE via Mr. Sasaki's car.
starting the 10th they will try and get me going to my elementary schools, but the schools haven't been decided yet, so it's still "elementary school or BoE". If they don't pick a school, I will have to go to the BoE every day that week. Again, Mr. Sasaki has offered to give me and S a ride.
16th through the 20th I'll be going to Yamaga JHS. The 19th and 20th might end up being ES days.
23rd - Oita JET orientation in Oita city at the Kencho. Not sure how I'll get there, but hopefully the BoE has something planned.
24th through the 27th are then all Yamaga JHS or potential ES visits.
30th and 31st are also Yamaga JHS or potential ES visits.
school starts on the 1st of September with the opening ceremony, and they want me at Yamaga JHS for that.

So there you go. :-)

Back to packing. Love!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww boo drop outs. It is too bad. Was he also coming to Oita?

    I hope that you can get your family and apartment stuff fixed soon. If worse comes to worse on the apartment you will probably do a homestay for a while. I do think that the homestay is more preferable because they can help you get acclimated over several days.

    My supers took me to dinner, showed me the super market and then dropped me at my place saying see you at school tomorrow.

    Glad to hear that someone will be around to help you out over several days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! That sucks that some creepy douchenozzles are causing so much trouble over your living arrangements >:C Too bad they can`t just kick those turds out so you can have a nice place. Here`s hoping that they find you somewhere quick!! And like Kai said, it might be nice to do a short homestay, because it will give you company and comfort (and food!!) after arriving. I had a similar experience where, when work was over, they dropped me off at home and said good luck. (I went to bed at like....8:30 for weeks, both due to jet lag and lack of internet :P)

    Also it is totally awesome that you have such a detailed schedule!! It`s likely that your BOE/school people will offer to take you to exciting local places during the day in addition to carting you around to take care of necessities. Still, don`t forget a book or study materials as you may have lots of downtime.

    I`m so excited for you x3 I`ll message you my phone info so you can add me after you get squared away <3

    ReplyDelete