Friday, July 30, 2010

Goodbye, So Long...

Hello everyone - and goodbye. This will be my last blog post in America. AH!!!!

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go... Leaving on a JET plane :-P

 So anyway, enough of the silly-ness. I am officially moving into R's old place so the address is available to anyone who wants it, just email (nichole.fife@gmail.com). Um, been packing. A lot. Turns out I have too much shit and so I will have to pay overweight fees... for both my suitcases. Space saver bags are so deceiving! Seems excessive I know but now mom doesn't have to ship... anything... ever. Or so I hope :-X. Don't know what to wear to Miami orientation still and it's Friday. I'll figure it out though. Picking up another JET on our way. Wow this is an uneventful blog post!

I got pictures of the apartment:


  It's a ton bigger than the other place I was getting before. Rent is about 50,000 yen a month. But basically I could have someone else live here and never see them so... yeah.

Miami tomorrow at 7:45 then to the Consulate's for dinner with the Consulate General (my Mom and Grandma get to come which is awesome!). My flight is Saturday morning around 6:45 then I arrive in Tokyo sometime after 1PM Tokyo time. Kind of feeling nervous/scared/anxious... but mostly tired.

I won't have internet for a while most likely until they get it set up in the apartment but I will try and do an update from the hotel in Tokyo while I am there so in case you don't see it on facebook you will know I arrived safely. Hope everyone else has safe travels who is traveling and hope to update in a few days!!

Love.

3 comments:

  1. You apartment looks gorgeous and clean! I am jealous! You'll have to post more pics once you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom looks just like mine!

    Also, I am very jealous of all the space you have. My apartment costs the same as your new one but is the size of your old one...

    Cant wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I'm jealous of these rooms, they look nice and spacious. You're going to have an amazing time! xox

    ReplyDelete