Sunday, June 27, 2010

A New Door Opens

Watching LOTR with my dad. Went to visit for the week because this will be the last time I see him and my sister before I take off for Japan. They are going to have a major surgery while I am gone so I am very nervous about leaving them in their present state especially. I know they will be OK but it is still a little nerve-wracking knowing they will need my cell phone number in Japan as soon as I get one so they can put it as their emergency contact. What I will be able to do from Japan I don't know, but if it makes them feel better, I'm OK with it.

They bought me luggage and I got the rest of the necessary clothing. I am all set now except one pair of shoes and a few more omiyage. Now it really feels official. I will begin packing this week... kind of scary. Only 34 days. Less than a month before my life changes as I know it. Still no word on predecessor information or living situation. I will keep posted as I get updated. The consulate has assured us they will contact our contracting organization directly if we have not received word by the 30th of June. They have three days I guess. Hopefully I will hear word by Wednesday.

Well, hopefully I will have something soon. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment