Monday, May 24, 2010

A new day

It feels really weird that I haven't updated in a few days. Unfortunately I still don't have much information. Waiting on word from my predecessor and trying to be patient. We have received a little more information about flights; apparently we will receive more information from the travel agent directly as the summer progresses. Thing is - summer is progressing. I can't believe it is already the last week of May. Holy crap.

I have been trying to have a more relaxed time the past couples of weeks but since all my friends have been leaving in slow succession I have been stuck partying and going out with friends non-stop. Everyone is leaving this weekend though except my roomies so hopefully things will calm down from there - at least for my wallet. I got a second job to help save money faster but it seems to be going out as fast as it's going in. Such is life. I know things will calm down soon and then I won't know what to do with myself. Time is funny like that - you don't appreciate it until you don't have it then you have some to spare you don't know what to do with it. :-).

JET has been occupying quite the niche in my brain though. I dream about Japan just about every night and even have day dreams about it when I doze off at work. People ask what I'm doing in the fall and when answering that "I'm moving to Japan" still feels weird. Kinda fulfilling though, like telling someone you won the lottery. It is a dream come true for me still and the more I think about it the more excited I have been getting, hopefully there will be no more emo - at least for a while. I know Brian might be sad if I don't have one occasionally :-P

Love.

PS - JET update posts:

Maybe a bad idea but I was reading the forums about placements and people across Australia, New Zealand and various countries in Europe have received their placements. I wonder when I will find out where I am going... Hope it's soon!

As of noon today consulate says "Placement notifications will be emailed today around 5 PM!"

EECK! SUPER EXCITED!

Oita-ken prefecture in the city of Kitsuki-shi is my new placement. Should be a lot of fun, looks really beautiful and it's right next to one of the most famous hot spring areas in Japan.

1 comment:

  1. lol That's not true! =P I know exactly how you feel though. I should be doing some studying but I just laze around day after day and not get to it at all. It is really strange with all this time to spare. =/

    ReplyDelete