Monday, May 10, 2010

We can't let these moments pass us by...

Hello. So I guess I should get started by mentioning JET related business and talking about the blog. It's called JETzilla not because I am afraid I will be destroyed irreparably by the program or because I am worried about getting eaten but because I wanted something catchy and easy to remember. No negativity towards the program I promise, quite the contrary in fact because I am feeling very positive vibes so far. I wanted to get started early on this blogging thing so I could get into the habit. Last time I was in Japan for a prolonged period of time I kept a journal by hand and four years later I still haven't managed to type it up (to my dad's dismay).

I began the whole JET process back in November like most of my colleagues and although interviews brought about pandemonium, once they passed things really died down. Most difficult interview of my life though, if you ask I will tell you about it sometime. I heard it compared to professional school interviews on crack. Regardless, I will change the topic since I don't want to get myself or anyone else in trouble by giving too many details about it - I will probably include more details as we go though since it has in fact been branded into the back of my mind in the trauma section next to my car accident and getting fired from my first job.

Still have not received word about my placement yet. Most people haven't apparently. We got an email a few days ago about people in Hyogo getting emails - I don't know how much of this is rumor and how much is fact. Has definitely put me on edge though because the time must be approaching for me to know as well. I have been thinking a lot about it though I am sure everyone in my position has. As most of you know I am really scared of cold weather so hopefully I won't be somewhere too cold - otherwise I will be flying to Hawaii frequently to visit Amanda and thaw. Besides waiting patiently for my placement and to get started on the next round of paperwork, JET is on hold in my life right now while I sort through finishing up my research, job and MCAT prep in Gainesville. I will also be in and out of Tampa and Fort Myers visiting family so if you wanna hang facebook, twitter or call me.

I don't know how good I will be at recording my life via blog but read as you see fit and keep me updated on how absurd I sound or whiny I get about how much I am going to miss you guys... This is the most depressing part about leaving. I should really get back to MCAT studying and work but I will try to add a little bit to this everyday just to keep everyone up to date and get into the blogging rhythm.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment