Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sad dreams or nightmares?

I can't tell if this is the start of a good day or if something really awful is going to happen. Last night I had a pretty bad dream - I was in another small town in Japan like the night before but this time there wasn't any housing available and I had to live in a tent. Not like military style with a bed off the ground but a sad, decrepit tent with hardly room for a sleeping bag let alone my luggage. I was still expected to get up every morning, dressed like a professional and have my hair done but I didn't even have a toilet. I was so miserable. I kept trying to contact my higher-ups but I didn't have any internet and my phone was damaged from the snow which had fallen over the past few days. No one would listen and I woke up around 4 in the morning shivering and sad... Then I went back to sleep only to dream of accidentally deleting my placement email and never knowing where in Japan I was meant to go and because of lack of response I was removed from the program. Bad dream night I guess.

Then I came to work and got free lunch though so I just can't tell if this is meant to be a terrible wrong-side of the bed day or if everything is going to work out fine... weird. I even got an orange and blue brownie - Yay Peds poster presentations!

So back to the point of the blog - JET. I honestly don't have many updates. I am still trudging through the vast amount of reading material and trying not to get too worried (though it appears my subconscious got a little carried away). I did start a Japanese novel yesterday but the chapter is title "A depressing Wednesday" so I don't know if today is a good day to continue reading.

I keep thinking about how much I am going to miss America. I even started thinking yesterday about what kinds of drugs I should bring with me abroad - they don't have TUMS or anything so I don't know if I should rely on the medicine there or if I should stash this stuff in clothes in my luggage. I am getting contrary opinions. Some people say the drugs over there are awesome and I shouldn't worry about it while others (including myself) think there drugs are weak and if I don't want to look like a drug addict to get the right dose I should bring the American stuff. I am still open to ideas if anyone has any. I know Vanessa will be over there on the military base and I can always see if I can visit her on a weekend and restock if it turns out the drugs are weak or I run out of stuff. Maybe I will see if this is sufficient, assuming the invitation is still open from her.

Regardless, I should get back to research. The food is making more inclined to sleep so if I don't do something soon I might just conk out. :-) Oh, I also went through my closet yesterday to see what kinds of clothes I had to wear for work in Japan. Apparently some of my high school stuff fits again. YAY!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment